What happens when you run out of GF burger buns and your child will only eat cheese burgers?
If this happens to you maybe this fast recipe could be a life saver.
It uses the same dough as the recipe of bread in a cup in 85 secs, the only difference is that you have to bake it in a bowl.
Here is a picture of the bowl we used, it is up to you what bowl you use, play with it and have fun!
To prepare the recipe you first have to grease the bowl and mix the ingredients somewhere else because the dough tends to stick.
Here are the ingredients and directions
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp water
- 3 Tbsp buttermilk – or 3 Tbsp milk substitute (almond, rice, soy) plus 3/4 tsp vinegar
- 1/3 cup Pamela’s Gluten Free Baking Mix (Bob’s Red Mill Baking GF Mix would work as well).
- 1 tsp sugar (1 tsp honey or 1 Tbsp applesauce)
Grease the small bowl.
1. Combine the wet ingredients on another bowl.
2. Incorporate the baking mix and the sugar (you can avoid sugar if you want). Stir well.
3. Transfer the mix to the greased bowl. Use a rubber spatula to push the dough down, clean the surface and make the bottom very flat.
4. Microwave for 85 seconds (cooking time may vary).
5. Extract the bun with a knife.
– You may need to cook it for a couple extra seconds if you see some raw spots.
– Toast it for better taste.
– If you want it more spongy you can add a pinch of baking powder when mixing the wet ingredients. Leave it for 15 seconds so it forms bubbles.
– The steam produced while cooking will move the dough and make it asymmetric, you can cut it a little to make it perfect or just eat it as it is.