Check What Happens when You Leave Celiac Disease Untreated according to the Celiac Disease Foundation.
The sooner celiac disease is detected the better, because when a celiac person keeps eating gluten, it will continue to damage the body which can lead to many additional serious health problems.
Find out which diseases you can develop, plus other autoimmune disorders besides celiac and more.
And remember, when you share it means you care!
“Long Term Health Effects
Celiac disease can develop at any age after people start eating foods or medicines that contain gluten. Left untreated, celiac disease can lead to additional serious health problems. These include the development of other autoimmune disorders like Type I diabetes and multiple sclerosis (MS), dermatitis herpetiformis (an itchy skin rash), anemia, osteoporosis, infertility and miscarriage, neurological conditions like epilepsy and migraines, short stature, and intestinal cancers.
Undiagnosed or untreated celiac disease can lead to:
Long-Term Health Conditions
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Early onset osteoporosis or osteopenia
- Infertility and miscarriage
- Lactose intolerance
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- Central and peripheral nervous system disorders
- Pancreatic insufficiency
- Intestinal lymphomas and other GI cancers (malignancies)
- Gall bladder malfunction
- Neurological manifestations, including ataxia, epileptic seizures, dementia, migraine, neuropathy, myopathy and multifocal leucoencephalopathy”
Continue to page 2 (click the NEXT button below)