Eating just gluten free doesn’t mean eating healthy.
If you eat a lot of processed gluten free food it will be good for celiac disease but it won’t be the best for your body.
We found this recipe of gluten free eggplant burgers that you can fill with your favorite veggies and tastes amazing.
We replaced half the eggplant with carrots, zucchini and spinach stems in small cubes (about 2 cups) and worked just great, or go ahead and make the recipe with eggplant as is.
Take action right now and become healthier and healthier.
Remember to share, it means you care
1 medium size eggplant in small cubes
3 tbsp of soy sauce GF (shoyu), we use Kikkoman Soy Sauce Gluten-Free
1 tbsp of organic olive oil (extra virgin)
1/4 cup of hot water
2 tbsp of tapioca starch
1 tbsp of brown rice flour
2 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds
1 tsp of black pepper
Chopped green onions and parsley to the taste
1. Boil the eggplant cubes with the water and soy sauce until tender (7 to 10 minutes)
2. Mix well the eggplant with the tapioca starch in a bowl
3. Add the rice flour, greens, black pepper and sesame seeds to the bowl.
4. The consistency should feel firm like it would hold up as a burger, if that is not the case add a bit more of rice flour.
5. Start molding in burger shapes and take to the oven (350°F) in a greased cooking sheet for 15 minutes.
6. Take it out from the oven and brush it with a mixture of shoyu and olive oil.
7. Cook in the oven for 5 minutes more.”
They freeze well so you can double or triple the batch and have them anytime you are in a hurry.
Translated by The Gluten Free Times and with authorized use by the source.