These are very easy to make and they only use one flour.
The rice flour has a unique flavour that I personally love, if you know you like it, go right ahead and try this recipe. If you don’t, give it a try anyways, it’s totally worth it.
We added the chia seeds because they are super healthy and give a mild crunchiness that is lovely.
We also added oregano and some mozzarella chesse on the inside and fresh parmesan chesse on top, but this is the fun part where you experiment with whatever you like. (olives, dried tomatoes, dry garlic or onions, you name it!)
So, go ahead and try it. It takes 20 minutes from start to finish (add some time to cool them down).
– 1 cup of rice flour
– 1 tbsp of chia seeds
– 1 tsp of baking powder
– 1/2 tsp of sugar
– 1/2 tsp of sea salt
– 2 organic eggs
– 1/4 cup of milk or any milk substitute
– 1/4 cup of oil (half organic olive oil and half organic sunflower oil)
1. Preheat the oven at 375°F.
2.Put the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix them together.
3. Add the wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Fill the cupcake molds with 2 tbsp of the dough first, add the mozzarella cheese, herbs of choice and then add one more tbsp of dough to cover. (add the shreded cheese of your choice on top). You should end up with 6 cupcakes ready.
5. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
a. If you use paper molds you will have to wait for them to cool down well if you want them to come out in one piece. (they get too sticky when hot, we asume it is the rice flour.)
b. Cut them in half and use them to prepare mini bites with your favorite veggies. (we like it with guacamole, tomato and rucula)
The Gluten Free Times