We just Love Mexican Food and Tortillas are the Basic Ingredient.
We found this recipe that makes the best ones we have ever tried, as they taste great and don’t fall apart with all the fillings, plus they are SUPER easy to make!
They are just the thing for those who love to wrap lots ingredients, even when you make them super thin, if that is what you prefer.
Mix these few ingredients together and prepare your favorite Mexican filling and the guacamole to get the “fiesta” started!
Remember to share, it means you care!
The Easiest Gluten Free Tortillas
1 1/2 cups white rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup very hot water
1 tsp of cold pressed sunflower oil or extra-virgin coconut oil
– In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the rice flour, tapioca starch and sea salt.
– Add the hot water and mix with a wooden spoon.
– Knead the dough a little. Let it rest for 20 minutes (use this time to prepare your filling)
– Divide the dough into 8 equal balls.
– Place a piece of PE protective film on a wooden cutting board, also cover the surface of the table or counter where you are going to open the dough
– Place one of the balls on the table, and press it with the wooden cutting board to form the tortilla. If it gets too thick use a rolling-pin to get a thinner tortilla. (You can also use a tortilla press using parchment paper on both sides.) Repeat this process with all 8 balls.
– Add about 1/2 tsp of cold pressed sunflower oil (or your favorite oil) to a hot skillet (medium heat), place the tortilla into the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, add another 1/2 tsp before placing the remaining raw side.
-Transfer the cooked tortillas to a plate and cover with another plate on top to keep them warm and soft.
Inspired by: Gluten Free Easily and Nourishing Meals